VIVAT International is a Non-Governmental Organization which has a membership of more than 25,000 Sisters, Brothers and Priests from 13 Catholic Religious Congregations, working in 120 countries for promotion of human rights through advocacy in international and local levels. VIVAT International has the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC) and Associated with the United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI).
Membership in VIVAT International consists of the following.
The Founding Congregations of VIVAT International are the two congregations which formed VIVAT International in November 2000, namely, the Society of the Divine Word (SVD) and the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit (SSpS). All their members, by virtue of their membership in these two congregations, are Founding Members of VIVAT International.
Full Member Congregations:
The Full Member Congregations are those congregations which accepted Full membership in VIVAT International after completing the required period of Associate Membership. All the members of these congregations, by virtue of their membership in their respective congregations, are Full Members of VIVAT International.
- Congregation of the Holy Spirit (CSSp) is a member congregation since January 2009.
- Congregation of the Adorers of the Blood of Christ (ASC) is a member congregation since January 2009
Associate Member Congregations:
The Associate Member Congregations are those congregations which are associated with VIVAT International on a temporary contract. All the members of these congregations, by virtue of their membership in their respective congregations, are Associate Members of VIVAT International.
- Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary (MSHR)
- Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI)
- Comboni Missionary Sisters (CMS)
- Comboni Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus (MCCJ)
- Little Sisters of the Assumption (LSA)
- Missionary Sisters of the Holy Spirit (Cssp)
- Priests of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (SCJ)
- Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo (Scalabrinian Sisters, MSCS)
- Sisters of the Holy Cross (CSC)
Other individuals, groups or organizations may be recognized by or affiliated with VIVAT International in so far as they are related to the above congregations and upon the recommendation of the competent authority of the respective congregations.