Millennium Development Goals Toolkit
for Religious Leaders
Religions for Peace, with the support of the UN Millennium Campaign, has developed a toolkit to engage and equip religious leaders and their communities to become front-line actors in the fight against poverty and disease.
- Eradicating extreme poverty
- Achieving universal primary education
- Promoting gender equality
- Reducing child mortality and hunger
- Combating HIV/AIDS and other diseases
Faith communities are well placed to help achieve these goals. The MDG toolkits were developed, field tested, and launched with UN partners to assist religious communities in raising awareness, advocating, training, and conducting outreach to address poverty and disease.